06 May 2011

So, it's been a while...

Let me update you on some things...

First off, Caleb and I got married in a small and intimate ceremony with family and friends. But the Corps is still trying to mess with us. The night of our honeymoon (or lack of) started with him getting called in to take a common sense test that could have been done in the following days. Then he find out he lost his 100 points for being at a "special duty station" so now he didn't get his Cpl promotion. So after getting all the paperwork in order and getting me in DEERS and set up in Tricare, I spent the first week alone while he did his job.

So now we are trying to find an apartment in town because they won't let us live on base (orders from Ssgt) and now we are in that phase where we have about 3 months left before we leave, but Caleb can't stay on base because he's not a "geographical bachelor" and it's hard to find places that do short term rent agreements.

We still don't have a grip on our finances because to be quite honest, we know how to spend money rather then save it... and well with a wedding paid for out of pocket, it's been hard to save... But on the bright side, hours are picking up and so is business, so that's more money for me.

I'm planning on attending school once we get down to California, but I still don't know what I want to major in. That's been my hardest decision yet.


I'll let you know my decision when I make it... but for now, I have to go to work and make that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment